Monday, September 25, 2017

Gareth Barry sets Premier League record for most games played. Also, Gareth Barry still plays in the Premier League


Congratulations to Iron Gareth Barry on passing Ryan Giggs for most games played in Premier League history at 663. He played for 19 years, again 19 years for four different clubs being as dependable of a player as you could have. Four clubs, 19 years, and still going. That's as impressive of a feat as I've ever seen especially since he is playing with West Brom, the Barcelona of Staffordshire.

I do have to say though. I like to think I am relatively informed on player transfers and the general goings on of football, but man I honestly thought he retired two seasons ago with Everton. It just goes to show that once you put in and survive 5 or so years in the Prem, you have a position on a squad for life. Same goes for coaches. Looking at you, Roy.




No comments:

Post a Comment