Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Alex Morgan kicked out of Epcot after an argument in UK bar.


I have not been to DisneyWorld or any of its parks for many a year. From what I remember of the happiest place on earth, the guests are encouraged, nay inspired, to have the said happiest time while within its walls. It's in their corporate slogan for crying out loud. Now Alex was just simply following this old adage to a tee especially in arguably the most boring of the parks, Epcot. If Disney does not want people to drink around the world with their friends then add more rides to the damn park. Mission Earth and Test Track can only get you so far.

Now I've never drank around the world at Epcot because my only trip there was when I was 10 and the fireworks scared the shit out of me. If I had to go back to Epcot, the first thing I am doing is touring the world having my share of absinthe in Switzerland, Saki in Japan, Tequilla in Mexico, and Star beer in Nigeria (shout out Chelsea FC for making me know a Nigerian beers). Now when I make it to the UK bar, I want to make myself at home. A little brexit talk here, a little North London derby there. Sure, that may cause some arguments but sorry for trying to adapt to the culture. Just accept globalism, Disney. Alex, here, was just trying to fit in. If you can't handle a little brush up in a british pub, then Disney just isn't authentic as I believed it to be and that is sad.

Also as the old proverb goes, never throw stones if you live in a glass house. I myself have been asked to leave an amusement park drinking establishment in my day. Sorry, Universal, that I wanted to relax with a nice blue moon at the Margaritaville restaurant bar after a nice day in the park with my friends. Sure, my alleged fake ID said I was 8 years older than I was and was made in the basement of a tattoo shop in NYC. Sure, I had a baby face up that I couldn't shake until I was 25. But making me sneak around through the gift shop entrance into the restaurant just to enjoy a $32 snow crab leg and the island tones of Mr. Jimmy Buffett was just not called for.

So Alex, just like myself, was a victim of the poor park design that is rampant in Orlando. What other option did either of us have. I stand with Alex and will do so until this sort of behavior is weeded out on the banks of the Kissimmee River.

No comments:

Post a Comment